First, I caught Braden making "toast." He had climbed on the counter by the stove, pulled the hamburger buns out of their package and began toasting it on the stove. Luckily he doesn't know how to turn the gas on.
A few weeks later I caught him on the same counter with a slice of bread, honey, peanut butter and the largest knife I own. He must have been hungry or wanting a snack because he was half way through making his sandwich before I caught him; he had already squeezed out some honey (in a very clean way might I add) and had the knife in the jar of peanut butter. I was so mad that I didn't take a picture of his masterpiece but at the same time was so impressed with his ambition to make a sandwich that I couldn't punish him. I had a little conversation about not playing with the knives and then finished his sandwich for him to eat.
Braden also likes to play in the sink, turning the water on and off. Sometimes he cleans the dishes, other times he just wades in the water. I now have to lock him in my bedroom while I shower and such because I can't leave him alone...things just happen too quickly! He spends more time in time-out for climbing on the counters than anything (he is really a good boy) but I can't seem to get him to stop his climbing adventures. Any thoughts?
3 comments:
So if that was Beckham I would totally be freaking out, but since it is you and not me, it is really funny! Good luck with that one!
UGH! we just let her climb like crazy. I decided last night after a LOOOOOOOOOONG day, that I need to start being the parent. I can say "NO" to Kennedee. I just started today and it is hard to say NO after letting her have her way all the time.
what a little stink! Good luck with that. :) hey send me your email address so I can invite you to our blog. Send it to bryceandhanah@gmail.com Also I need an update on how you are doing. :) Tell kam we say hi!
Post a Comment