6.12.2011

the rest of the worst

Our trip home from Utah was another round of CRAZY. I will say that at least we didn't have to make any emergency landings, but we did do a lot of back and forth travel just to get home. I mentioned in my last post that my dad and Heidi had to come home from their trip early due to illness on the ship. Heidi unfortunately got really sick and coming home early was a must. Since they did get back early from their trip they offered to change my plane ticket so that I could get back to see Kam a day earlier. Normally I wouldn't hear of it, wanting as much time with my family as I could, but knowing the quality time I got to spend with everyone I decided that I was ready to go. So we packed our bags and got ready for our trip down to Vegas to catch our plane home.
At the airport I decided to check my bags curbside so I didn't have to mess with them and the boys by myself. Unfortunately we were informed upon arriving that our flight out was delayed and because of the delay I would miss my connecting flight. The sky-cap, who was amazing, carried all our bags and car seats for us inside and directed us to a line where we were to wait to see if they could arrange for us to get on another flight. We waited and waited! Finally after about 30 minutes an attendant came out and gave me a phone number I could call to make the switch happen. Then, once I got a hold of someone, I was told that the earliest they could get us home was to leave the next day; the same day our other flight was to leave! I was bummed. I had to call Heidi to tell her to come back and get us. I thought about staying in Vegas overnight, but being by myself there was no way I could do it and feel safe about it. So, back to St. George to do it all over again the next day.

Before heading back we did stay in Vegas for a little shopping. We took Abi to get some new summer clothes and I got new shoes and the boys got to pick out an outfit from Build-a-Bear. Thanks, Gramma!
Luckily for us, everything went fairly smoothly the next day (if you don't count the ticket Heidi got for taking too long to help drop us off at the airport and the really turbulent flight home.) We were so excited to see our Daddy. We missed him so much!

After this trip I've decided I don't ever want to get on a plane again...at least not soon.

No comments: