Our first stop was the Thorp Knob picnic area for lunch. We roasted hot-dogs and marshmallows for s'mores.
Braden built this T-Pee while waiting for lunch.
After lunch we hiked down to Cucumber Falls.
The boys loved wading in the water.
A very popular activity at Ohiopyle are the natural water-slides on Meadow Run. It was really slippery at the water-slides and I slipped and fell after my first trip down the slide. I fell from the side down into the slide. Luckily I wasn't hurt too badly although I've got some nasty bruises on my arms, chin and bottom. The fall however, didn't keep us from going down again and again.
Bo went first.
My Turn!
Carter didn't go down the slide {the water was a bit high and fast}
but he did "slide" a little near the top.
Braden went down once.
I think it scared him a little.
Pappy also only went down once. It was quite the spectacle.
Waiting for the Grown-Ups to call it quits.
Before leaving the park we visited Ohiopyle Falls on the Youghiogheny River {pronounced yock-a-gay'-nee}. We also swam a little at the top of the falls.
On the drive home we passed Jellystone Park and of course had to stop for a picture with Yogi Bear.








No comments:
Post a Comment