9.09.2011

First Day of School Times 2

What an exciting week! Braden started Pre-K! Last year he was put in an advanced class and this year, since he misses the Kindergarten deadline, we again registered him for another advanced preschool class. He now goes 4 days a week in the afternoon.

Last week his school held a Sneak-a-Peek so we could meet his new teachers, Miss Lori and Miss Wendy. Originally he was going to have the same teachers as last year, but due to some of the kids deciding not to attend this year the school decided to only have one class. We found out about the change the night before orientation and when I told Braden about it he said to me, "It doesn't matter who my teacher is. I'm just excited I get to go to school!" I so hope that he keeps this positive attitude about school in the future.

The Sneak-a-Peek was really fun. Braden went on a scavenger hunt to find different things in the classroom, we filled out some forms, met the other kids and the teacher talked to the parents about what to expect during the year. 


Daddy gave Braden a special blessing the night before school started. Braden was very reverent and excited to take part in this special tradition. Braden was blessed to not only learn in school but to learn more about our Savior and to be a good friend.

The first day of school came with lots and lots of rain and cool fall weather. We ended up having to take our "back-to-school" photo's indoors. Carter was very excited for Braden to start school. I think he may have wanted to be going too. He took the news well that his first day wouldn't be until a few days later. Still, he just had to get his backpack on to pose with his brother.

Can we go yet?

At the school Braden's excitement could barely be contained. He walked right into his classroom, went up to his teacher, spread his arms out wide and said, "How 'bout a back-to-shool hug!" He gave his teacher a big hug and then proceeded to hug some of his friends.

 
Carter's enthusiasm unfortunately died out when we got to the school. He just hung at the door with a sad face and a little whimpering cry. I asked him why he was so sad and he told me that he "want my brother."


I asked Carter if he would feel better if he could give his brother a hug goodbye. He said yes and went in the classroom to hive him a hug. He was crying when he walked back out so brother came and gave him another hug.


Then we walked down the hall where we waved goodbye to Braden at the "goodbye window." 


It was an emotional goodbye.


In the car Carter was still very upset.
{if you are having trouble viewing the video click here}



While Braden was at school Carter and I went to the library. On the way to the library we had this conversation: 

C- "Mommy, I see a butterfly!" 
M- "You see a butterfly?" 
C- "Yeah, it makes me happy!"

He was definitely much happier after seeing his butterfly and we had a great time at the library. When it was time to pick up Braden, Carter was very excited. He couldn't get into the school fast enough.


Two days later it was finally time for Carter's first day of school. Carter was so excited that it was his turn to go to school. Carter's class is what they call the "two's class." It's a pay-as-you-use program that allows smaller children an opportunity to learn basic colors, shapes, sharing and socialization, and a short Bible story. Each day has a new theme and project for the kids. Carter went last year a few times and this year I've decided to let him go once a week. I never thought that I would be okay letting him go to school this early but he loves it so much, plus it gives me a chance to have some one on one time with Braden.
 

No comments: