3.12.2014

School Projects

Braden is a HUGE fan of SCHOOL. He loves his teacher Mr. R and is one of the top kids in his class in all subjects. Recently his class has been learning all about habitats and each student was asked to make a habitat diorama for homework. Braden really wanted to learn about the platypus so we went to the library and checked out a few books and then got started on the diorama. We made an unexpected trip up north for the weekend so we put together his project at Grammy Bo's house. My brother Dane who saw what we were doing was really excited to help. In fact he pretty much took over the whole project with Braden. They worked really well together and I and know Braden just loved doing more "uncle stuff."








Braden also had a special field trip to see the different habitats at the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay and I got to go too! Normally Braden gets really funny when I come to volunteer at his school. He kind of acts like he's a cross between embarrassed and excited. I wasn't sure how he'd respond to me on his field trip and I was surprised at how lovey he was. I was not surprised that he was a good boy who followed directions.





After the tour we went into a classroom to expolore and learn different things about sharks and other fish and creatures in the aquarium. Braden was even chosen to be turned into a SHARK!  

No comments: