Over the past couple of months I have watched Carter change from a little boy to a big kid. He doesn't look as baby faced and sometimes acts like a big kid but thankfully for me he still likes to give me hugs and loves and will still hold my hand.
We celebrated Carter's birthday in California playing with cousins but on the night before we left Kam and I took him out to eat at his favorite, Canes Chicken.
After we got home from California, Carter and I went out on a little adventure together to have some special pre-baptism photos taken for his invitation and to display at his party after the baptism.
Carter has such a sweet and calming spirit. He does not like contention or loud voices. His demeanor is very calm and he spends a lot of time taking in the world around him. He thinks a lot about things and as we were approaching his baptism he became very excited and asked a lot of questions and even gave input on how he wanted his special day to be like. Kam and I took these opportunities to have several special talks with just him as well as special family home evening lessons together as a family to help him prepare. At his baptism interview with our Bishop, Carter was pretty nervous. He wan't scared of the bishop, he is his best friend's dad, but he wasn't sure if he would know all the right answers. He didn't need to be nervous because he knew and understood all the things he needed to know. He was ready and very excited for his big day to finally arrive.
Carter was baptized and confirmed by his dad and many family members and friends came to support him on his special day. Afterwards we had lunch at our house and Carter loved the attention. He may have acted shy to it all but deep down he loved it!
![]() |
| Gramma Lucy couldn't make it down (she was sick) but she sent this delicious cake for Carter. |
We are so very blessed to have so many amazing people who have shown their love and support in the decisions that our family has made to follow our Savior. I am amazed with the love I felt from so many towards Carter. I know I was so happy to watch my little boy make this special covenant and I know it will bring him much happiness throughout his life as he continues to choose his Savior and follow Him. I sure love this little boy of mine, he makes me so happy!








No comments:
Post a Comment