5.26.2018

My Last Preschool Graduate

This girl had an amazing year at preschool! Her teacher, Ms. Heather was able to do some wonderful things with Riley. At her graduation ceremony Ms. Heather shared how Riley was always excited to work with her on her reading and that after a few weeks she noticed that some of the kids were going home with little cards (sight word cards) and that she wanted to have them too. Ms. Heather told Riley that to get cards she needed to learn all her sounds firsts and then she too could take cards home as well. From that little conversation a little flame began to burn and our little Riley took off! She not only learned all her sounds super fast after that but she worked really hard to pass of as many sight words as possible and loved coming home with new books each day to read to anyone who would listen to her. Riley is very creative, independent, determined, funny, goofy, smart, and so much more! I've loved watching her blossom this year! She has been asking me for 2 years when she can go to kindergarten and she is already waiting for summer to be over so she can go to the big kid's school. I am not quite ready to send her to all day school so I am happy to have the summer to continue playing together, but I know she is so ready and she is going to do amazing things! Congrats Riley!!!








No comments: