My little sister Abi came to stay at our house for two weeks while my dad and Heidi were on a Medditeranian cruise. We had a lot of fun having her at our house. Braden especially loved having Abi around. He did everything she did and sometimes even tried to get her to do what he wanted to do. "Come here Abi" and "Abi, sit down" were heard a lot during her visit.
While she was here we celebrated Pioneer Day together. We went to the Handcart Days Parade in Bountiful with my friend Kimi, her husband Bryan and girls Abbie and Hannah. We also had dinner together at Wingers and watched fireworks at our house.
The next day we went to the park where they had a little fair in celebration of pioneer day. We ate cotton candy, hot dogs, snow-cones and delicious corn-on-the-cob. The kids rode the swings, went on a pony ride, and a handcart ride. On our way home we stopped for some root beer ice cream! Yum! Later in the evening we went swiming and enjoyed some more fireworks.
So Exciting to be on the Swing
Pony Ride
Waiting for some Cotton Candy
Bo and Braden
Abi
Root-Beer Ice Cream Cones
Super Cool Goggles Bud!
On Friday, my sister had moved into her new house. She now lives just around the corner from me. I love that she is so close. We all worked really hard and well into the night; I think we finally finished at about 11 o'clock!
Now it was time to relax, however I got a major head-cold that I couldn't take any medicine for. It was no fun; it still is no fun, seeing that I am continuing to wait for the end to come. Despite all the craziness, we had a great time and it really was a fun weekend!
1 comment:
I know I saw him at the zoo, but I still can't believe how big Braden is getting, what a cutie!
Post a Comment