This is a picture taken from the Deseret News. It was taken a little over 10 years ago. It is a picture of my friend Shellie (who has down syndrome) when she was crowned as the Homecoming Queen my senior year of High School. Apparently a lot of attention has been brought to this little act of love recently with reenactments in a commercial and now a motion picture that is to be made sharing this event to others. I always new that there was something special about Murray High School and my graduating class, but when this all happened I knew that I was lucky to be part of something really special. I hope this story lives on and on as it lives as a testimony to me that real beauty is found within and that if you really want, you can make a difference just by opening up and sharing your love to everyone. GO SPARTANS! I live to bleed ORANGE and BLACK!
4.04.2009
Because I Know
This is a picture taken from the Deseret News. It was taken a little over 10 years ago. It is a picture of my friend Shellie (who has down syndrome) when she was crowned as the Homecoming Queen my senior year of High School. Apparently a lot of attention has been brought to this little act of love recently with reenactments in a commercial and now a motion picture that is to be made sharing this event to others. I always new that there was something special about Murray High School and my graduating class, but when this all happened I knew that I was lucky to be part of something really special. I hope this story lives on and on as it lives as a testimony to me that real beauty is found within and that if you really want, you can make a difference just by opening up and sharing your love to everyone. GO SPARTANS! I live to bleed ORANGE and BLACK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is crazy it has been ten years and it still makes my smile and tear up.
It's too bad that this is a rarety. I would have hoped that this story would inspire others.
You didn't tell me that Braden was learning to Drive. Ask me about my "split second mistake" that could have harmed Kennedee. Oh, so scary.
Post a Comment