ALL my excitement. Braden has not and will not go potty on the toilet anymore. I thought we were turning a corner, but I was wrong.
Is this normal? and now what do I do? any thoughts?
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
This is the hard part of potty training. Isabelle did that. If you stick it out and get through this rough part you will totally win and he will totally get it. Right now it is your will against his. He knows now but it probably isn't as fun as at first when it was new. One thing I've heard most parents say is that they have regreted quiting in the middle because they end up having to start entirely over six months or a year later. It's one of those ...get it over with it sucks... kind of things. Good luck! Maybe find ways of making it entertaining to go, a book? coloring books? a prize if he goes. Bribery rocks!
I'm so glad you are all doing well. Thanks for the email update. My aunt had a stubborn potty trainer, she used a star chart....Yellow for pee....green for poop and red for both, once he got so many stars he got to pick a treat out of the treasure chest (she bought a little one cheap) the chest was full of treats and toys from the dollar store. Once he did it for a few weeks...chart went away and been potty trained since. Good Luck these are the things I have to look forward to as well!
Hi friend! Been a while. I have been busy and sick! We need to get together this summer and play before you leave. We should go to the zoo or something fun, like last year. Let me know!
ahhh, honey, he will! It's hard for them to figure it all out! I think its normal. How the heck are you anyway! We need to do lunch or something before you go :)
4 comments:
This is the hard part of potty training. Isabelle did that. If you stick it out and get through this rough part you will totally win and he will totally get it. Right now it is your will against his. He knows now but it probably isn't as fun as at first when it was new. One thing I've heard most parents say is that they have regreted quiting in the middle because they end up having to start entirely over six months or a year later. It's one of those ...get it over with it sucks... kind of things. Good luck! Maybe find ways of making it entertaining to go, a book? coloring books? a prize if he goes. Bribery rocks!
I'm so glad you are all doing well. Thanks for the email update. My aunt had a stubborn potty trainer, she used a star chart....Yellow for pee....green for poop and red for both, once he got so many stars he got to pick a treat out of the treasure chest (she bought a little one cheap) the chest was full of treats and toys from the dollar store. Once he did it for a few weeks...chart went away and been potty trained since. Good Luck these are the things I have to look forward to as well!
Hi friend! Been a while. I have been busy and sick! We need to get together this summer and play before you leave. We should go to the zoo or something fun, like last year. Let me know!
ahhh, honey, he will! It's hard for them to figure it all out! I think its normal. How the heck are you anyway! We need to do lunch or something before you go :)
Post a Comment