6.20.2009

It's Getting Real Now

As soon as we got back in town from Alaska we had just enough time to hug and kiss our babies, do some laundry, repack our bags and sleep all of about 2 hours and we were on a plane again.

We flew to Pittsburgh to find a place to live. We left Braden home with Gramma Heidi who spoiled him by taking him to "Lagoo" (Lagoon) and took Carter with us. We stayed with a friend of Kams who is already in the program and after 2 1/2 days and 400 miles of driving around we finally found a place to call home. I was so anxious and nervous the whole trip. I couldn't sleep and even cried a few times. However on the last day, we made our decision. As we pulled into the property to sign the lease a complete sense of calm overcame me and I knew that not only were we making the right decision to move to PA but that we found "our" home! I am so excited and yet so scared to be out there. We will miss our family and friends terribly and I will need to develop a good sense of direction because you can easily become lost in all the hills and trees with no mountains for reference. 

Pittsburgh

The School
Our House 
(the one with the green shutters)
The view from our patio.


By the way, we will have a spare room for anyone wanting to visit!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Katie it's a beautiful place! I can't wait to come visit you guys there! How exciting and scary all at the same time. I know you're going to love PA.

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! congrats on the new home! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers! I'm sure you'll love it!

Janelle said...

Wow, best of luck to you Katie! What an adventure!

ebudd said...

Katie, just stopping by to say hello! I hope your adjusting to Pennsylvania life. It is taking me a while to get used to being away from family, but I like it in Michigan. Your kiddos are adorable!