11.04.2009

Getting Crafty

While here in PA I have been attempting to find ways to keep myself busy so that I don't let the homesickness get the best of me. Janey and I have been planning all sorts of projects to do. These are just a taste of some of the projects we have been working on:

Towel Hooks for the Bathroom:
I found these at Ross for super cheep. The tile in the middle was originally an ugly picture, so I just took some paper and modg-poged it over the tile to make it match my decor.


Shower Curtain:
I saw this shower curtain at one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie. I was in love at first sight but knew I couldn't afford the $100 price tag. I made this replica for less than $20 and a lot of time with my sewing machine. I am so happy with how it turned out. 



Miss-Matched Ruffled Apron:
These were made by a friend of Heidi's to be worn at a "Stories-by-Me" booth at Swiss Days a couple years ago. I made some last year but gave them all away at Christmas. I had shown the idea to Janey and she couldn't wait to make one of her own. I made this one for me! 


Super-Hero Cape:
This is another copy-cat idea. My mom had made one of these for my brother when he was little. She had pulled them out for Braden to play with before we moved out here. I decided to make Braden and Carter their own. It was a little difficult to get the sizing right, but we finished with an awesome Dress-Up for Brady. He loves it!



Curtains:
I still haven't decided if I like them ruffled or not but I love the fact that I made 7 valences for less than $15 and even have lots of left-over fabric. Thank you Walmart for the super cheep, super cute fabric!



I cannot wait for the next wave of projects that Janey and I have in store!

2 comments:

Chelsea Davidson said...

i don't know if you remember me im megans good friend chelsea betenson i just wanted to let you know that i love reading your blog! it is so cute, i wish megan would get on the bandwagon and have one too! your kids are so cute i remember the day braden was born and can't believe how old he is now. hope everything is going well!

Whitney said...

I can't believe how crafty you are!! You must teach me how to make that shower curtain. I can't believe how much it looks like the ones at anthro. I've also been wanting to make a cute apron. Teach me please!!