11.11.2009

Won't You be My Neighbor

This last weekend we had the opportunity to go down to our local public television station, WQED, and see something quite historic. This year marks the 40th anniversary of the fist airing of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. This program was taped here in Pittsburgh in Studio A (now named after Fred Rogers) of WQED, the first community-sponcered television station in America. We were able to tour the Neighborhood-of-Makebelieve in the studio where it was taped. It was very nostalgic to say the least! Each of the props were there (except for Daniel Tiger's Clock, which is on permanent display at St. Vincet College where Kam goes to school) as well as some of the puppets. We also go to meet Mr. McFeely! We got his autograph and a picture with him as well as some freebies including one of Mr. Roger's books. I wasn't sure if Braden would like going but he now asks to watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood and talks about it all the time. His favorite part was the Fred Roger's Dinosaur outside of the Station (he's really into dino's right now). I am so glad we had this opportunity and wish you all could have been with us.


Fred "Dino" Rogers

Grandpere's Eiffel Tower

King Friday the XIII's Castle and the Neighborhood Trolley

Cornflake S. Pecially's "Rockit" Factory

"X" the Owl and Henrietta Pussycat's Tree

Lady Elaine Fairchilde's Museum-go-Round

Replica of Daniel Tiger's Clock

"Speedy Delivery"

6 comments:

Veronica said...

OH MY GOSH!! How cool is that? That is a once in a lifetime thing for sure!

Kimi said...

Wow! That is cool!

The Baker said...

That is sooooo cool!! Lucky ducky.

Nicole said...

Very awesome! I've wanted another excuse to visit Pittsburgh and visit a friend I have there. This just adds one more thing I want to do there. Maybe in the spring when the snow clears up...

the Roberts said...

so cool that they let people go see that. Kind of creepy at the same time.

the Roberts said...

I love being a sister of another crafty crafster. So the second I saw that shower curtain at anthropologie I knew I wanted to make my own version...pretty easy..............but I really don't need it, so maybe on the next house. Love the hooks and the darling fabric on the apron. I can't wait to be crafty at christmas with the nursing cover.