1.29.2010

Thirty

Yup, the day has come and now I'm officially OLD! If anyone asks though, I'm 22. It's just too bad that my face is letting everyone know that I'm lying! Anyway, on this momentous year of my life I've decided to break tradition and rather than telling you 30 things I want to do in the next thirty years, I'll tell you all 30 things that I have done in my last thirty years:

1. I was born of goodly parents. And even though they are not together I am appreciative that each has brought me two wonderful people who are "goodly" too!

2. I was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

3. I graduated from High School and attended some college (Only 3 classes away from a degree, and I'll get it done sometime, just have to get Kam done first.)

4. I met the Love of My Life and Married Him in the Temple.

5.  I sang a Solo in the Assembly Hall at Temple Square.

6. I Graduated from Seminary.

7. I have/am living Out-of-State

8. I became a Mommy and have delivered Two Beautiful Children.

9. I've served in the Young Women's Presidency.

10. I'm serving in the Primary Presidency.

11. I have giving a Talk in Church (scary).

12. I have been on 5 cruises.

13. I have been out of the county; Canada and Mexico.

14. I have flown on an airplane.

15. I have jumped off a 50 ft. cliff.

16. I've been bungie jumping.

17. I taught myself to sew.

19. I was the mini Queen in the Days of '47 Parade (2 years in a row.)

20. I was the Manager of a Prestigious Cosmetic Line.

21. I got First Place in both my floor and vault routines when I was in Gymnastics.

22. I've ridden a horse and have ridden in a horse drawn sleigh.

23. I play the Piano.

24. I beat Super Mario Brothers on the old school Nintendo.

25. I can drive a car and have never been in an accident (knock on wood).

26. I've survive a few surgeries (tonsilectomy, foot surgery twice, 2 c-sections).

27. I played the triangle and bass drum in the Pep-Band during high school.

28. I was blessed as a baby on the first sunday with a block schedule.

29. I have learned to forgive and forget.

30. I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know He lives and that He loves me.

To many of you these items may be lame but I am pleased with what I have accomplished and have no regrets to where my life has lead me. I am happy and that's what matters. So, Happy Birthday to Me and it's my wish that each of you are just as Happy in your own lives!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Katie! I totally remember playing Super Mario Brothers with you and Ashley. Hope you have a fantastic year!

Emily said...

It was fun reading these. I am impressed with the Super Mario item :)

Michael and Halley Davis said...

I love you Katie! You have accomplished so much and have much to be grateful for. YOu are such a wonderful person and I am lucky to know you!

Kimi said...

Oh, I missed saying happy birthday! I suck! Please forgive me when i tell you that this last year I forgot both my own birthday and my anniversary. Not sure about important dates, but I struggle!

the Roberts said...

I don't remember you doing gymnastics. Maybe because we did everything together, and I can't remember myself doing it. Love you