A few weeks ago was Braden's first day in primary! I wish we had been at our own ward but it turned out really well that we were at my dad's ward. I prepared Braden by telling him that he would be going to a new "meeting" and that he would be a sunbeam. He was really excited about it but as soon as we walked in (and didn't see any toys) he was ready to head right back out. He wanted nothing to do with primary. I sat with him to help him feel more comfortable and his teacher introduced herself and told him of all the fun things they'd be doing, still, he wasn't convinced. As opening exercised started they asked if there were any visitors and Braden got to stand in front of everyone while they sang the "Hello" song to him. He thought that was pretty neat and from then on decided that primary was okay and I was able to go to my meetings.
At the end of the block, Abi, my sister, went to pick Braden up from his class and asked him what he thought about his first day in Primary. Braden responed, "I had the time of my life!"
After church I called my mom to tell her of Braden's experience and to share what he said about his time in primary. My mom just laughed and laughed and I told her, "I have the funniest kids!" and Braden overhearing me tells me, "I have the funniest mommy!"
And then even later that day while eating dinner Braden asks me: "Mom? Can I go live with megan and Kris?"
Me: "Don't you want to live with Mommy in Pennsylvania?"
Braden: "No, I wanna live here forever!"
After talking to Daddy though, he decided that he did want to go back to PA.
I really do have the funniest kids and they say the funniest thing sometimes. And hopefully I am doing all that I can to make sure that they both always have the "Time of their Life!"

No comments:
Post a Comment