2.16.2010

Happy Val a Versary

Today, Kameron and I celebrate 8 years together! It doesn't even seem like it was really that long ago that we were set up on our very first date. That night was definitely one to remember. Not because I fell in love at first sight or was completely swept off my feet but because at the end of the night I found my best friend. I may not have known, like Kam did, that I had met the man I was going to mary but I knew that I met someone very special and from then until now I have been amazed at where our little lives have taken us. There have been challenges, triumphs, trials and tribulations and many, probably too many to count, blessings; but I think the best part about being married is knowing that my best friend has been and will continue to be by my side every single day experiencing it all with me.


This year we celebrated our Anniversary with Valentine's Day. We went to dinner at Johnny Carino's (without the kids)*. It was such a treat to just be alone with each other. Kam is so busy with school that we don't get much time even as just a family together, so it was extra special to have time just the two of us. After getting home and putting the boy's to sleep I walked into my bedroom and found these:


along with a lengthly love note from my hunna-hunna! I was totally surprised and felt so special. Babe, thanks for sticking by my side and being the most wonderful husband (and friend) in the world. I love you!

*Thanks also to Janey and Darin for watching the boys. You guys are the best!

2 comments:

The Baker said...

o yes yes, happy versary to you!

Janelle said...

Woo hoo! I still remember going to your reception, and you guys are truly happy, I can just tell. Congrats!