Our first week in California we spent a lot of time waiting...for my sister's baby to make her big debut. Luckily she had some great ideas to make the waiting more fun.
We went to the sprinkler park...
to In-n-Out...
to the library and story-time in the park...
to the grocery store...
we went skating...
played in the baby's crib...
rode on the skateboard...
raced on the skateboard...
climbed rocks...
went swimming...
and just sat around!
But finally the day arrived and on Sunday, August 1 @ 9:35 AM
Tayvlee Isla Roberts was born!
While Ashley recovered in the hospital, we took K and went to Malibu to stay with Grammy Willie and spent most of our waking hours...
at the beach...
putting sand down brother's back...
trying to decide if sea kelp tastes any good...
collecting shells...
going for a ride in the wagon...
playing at the park...
(K stepped on Carter's fingers so Pappy asked K if she liked it)
and crying because it's time to get off the swing.
Then once we got all the sand out of our hair our nights went to the dogs!
We went back to Ashley's house to get the house clean and ready for Tayvlee to come home. The kids and I even made some "welcome home" posters for her.
To keep the house semi non-caotic Ryan and I took Braden and K to the movies
and the next day Ryan took them on a hike in the mountains .
It was really hard after two weeks to say good-bye and head back to Utah...but alas it was time. I sure do miss my sister and I loved that I got to spend more time with Ryan and K. I'm really gonna miss all of them, especially this little one.






2 comments:
That's great that you got to spend time with Ashley. Looks like you had a fun time and the new baby girl is adorable!
I love all of your pics........such a cute narration of your trip. Love and miss you
Post a Comment