9.10.2010

First Day of School

I can't believe that my baby is now in school. It seems like only yesterday that I was staring into the deep brown eyes of the most beautiful baby I'd ever seen. He still is beautiful, but wow,  he is so grown up. Braden has been ready for this big day for a long time now and after watching his excitement during this first week of school I am so glad that I didn't wait to have him start school.

Last week Braden's school had a open house for all the kids and parents. We got to meet his teacher, Miss. Kim, and got a little run down of what a typical day would be like. Braden was able to get a tour of the school by going on a scavenger hunt and at the end he got to pick a prize from a treasure chest.


Wednesday was his first real day at school. He woke up early and was just beaming with excitement. We got ready quickly and just as it was time to leave Braden started acting a little funny. He said he didn't want to go to school and wanted to stay home with me. I tried to excite him by letting him pack his snack and put his teddy-leopard into his backpack. But still he wasn't excited.


Regardless of his not wanting to go I did get him into the car.


When we arrived, he was still hesitant and wouldn't leave my side even though I promised him that I would stay with him. After a little while, with the help of Miss. Lisa, the classroom aid, Braden decided to play with some play dough and a few minutes later he decided he wasn't scared anymore and was just fine saying "see ya later, Mom!"


At home, Carter and I didn't know what to do with ourselves. It was strange not having Brother around. But we read books and folded laundry and well, had a good time just the two of us.


But we were definitely excited when it was time to pick Braden up from school. I thought for sure I'd have a hard time leaving him at school but I was much more emotional when I picked him up. I missed him. I loved seeing his little face and hearing about what a great time he had. And the best part was him giving his teacher a great big hug before saying goodbye. I am so excited for my little guy. This is going to be a great year!

No comments: