4.02.2011

binki baby

I've been told by many people that Carter is now too old to have a binki. I agree, but I have had a hard time letting him let go of it. It's not that I thought it would be too hard to make the transition,  more because it's the last part of him that screams "I'm still a baby!" I'm just not sure how I feel about this little guy growing up; I want him to stay my baby forever. However, I finally did it...


I gathered up all my courage, held my breath (and my tears) and pulled out the scissors and let Carter have at it! We cut the tips of the binki's, tried them out and then threw them away.

 (putting his finger in the now open hole)

He still asks for his "bink" 3 days later, but I remind him that we cut them up and put them in the garbage and he seems to be okay with it. I know each day will get easier for him just as it will hopefully get easier for me to let him be a BIG BOY.

1 comment:

Kels said...

Love it! We tried that with Gaige just a few days ago and let me tell you it didn't go over well!! I guess we'll try again later...