They arrived in the evening on Saturday and after picking them up form the airport we stopped for some dinner at Chick-fil-a and then headed to our house. We stayed up talking and laughing and it felt so good. The next day, we (my mom, sister and me) played beauty parlor and dress-up while Braden and Carter played with Uncle Kris. Then we headed into Pittsburgh to show off our city. We took them down to the Strip District and ate lunch at Primanti Brothers.
Then we walked the street through all the vendors. My mom got us some baklava to share, we tried on all sorts of hats and scarves, Kris and Megan found just the right present for Kris' brother, and our mouths watered as we checked out all the yummy produce.
We left the Strip District and took them down to Heinz Field where the Steelers play. The area there is so pretty and the view of the city is fantastic.
We tried to get Carter to sit with Braden for a picture but he got scarred.
Carter did however love dropping leaves down over the balcony.
Uncle Kris was definitely the favorite visitor. Braden wouldn't leave his side and if he needed to be holding a hand to cross a street or not get left behind he would run straight to Kris. Carter also had lots of fun with uncle Kris and would just laugh and laugh with him. Believe it or not, Carter was laughing hysterically right before taking this picture.
After walking around the stadium we took them to the top of Mt. Washington by the Duquesne Incline to show them the view of the city. I think they were impressed. I know I am every time I get to see that beautiful view.
Then it was time to head back to the airport. I wish they could have stayed longer, but considering they were only here 24 hours we got to do a lot of fun stuff and I think they got a good taste Pittsburgh.






No comments:
Post a Comment