11.01.2011

Potty Training and Sleeping Adventures

Carter is one crazy kid! It is amazing to me how different he and Braden are. Braden has always been like a grown up to me; I can reason with him most of the time, he follows directions quickly and easily, and for the most part I only ever have to tell him to do or not do something once and he always does it or remembers to do in in the future. Carter on the other hand is completely the opposite. I have to tell him to do things over and over again, he's not as willing to help out, is much more stubborn and more resistant to discipline, and gets into more mischief that should be allowed.

Potty training has been easier and yet more difficult with Carter vs. Braden. I remember trying to potty train Braden and even though I knew he could go on the potty, he would resist. I remember backing off and then a couple months later Brady wanted to go potty on the toilet and he did. He had maybe one or two accidents but did it. Carter loves to use the potty; he wants to be just like Braden and wear big boys and his excitement about it is through the roof. The problem is that he doesn't go unless I tell him too. I thought for a while that he couldn't "feel" it but now I'm wondering if it's just that he forgets about it. Anyway, I am not pushing him and letting him call the shots. He wears a diaper most of the time but once in a while will wear a pull up or undies when he asks for them. I'm hoping one of these days when he wants to wear undies that he'll go the whole day without an accident. Although I have a feeling that it's gonna be a while before that happens.


Despite being a stinker when it comes to following the rules or potty training Carter is seriously the funniest kid on the planet. He is always saying and doing things that make me laugh. On of my favorite things to do is watch Carter sleep. He never sleeps under his covers and on occasion has fallen out of his bed during the night. It doesn't seem to bother him as he gets back in bed without need of Mom or Dad. He also sleeps in strange positions: upside down, folded in half and even half in/half out of bed.



No comments: