Peter was Joseph and K was Mary
My dad played both the donkey and the camel.
My boys were the wisemen.
Dane was the Angel and Abi was our shepherd.
I'm not sure what Tay was; maybe a Wise-Reindeer-Angel?
After the Nativity we gave and shared our gifts to Jesus and then the kids opened one present and we all headed to bed. Christmas morning was magical. The boys and my nieces were crazy with excitement over what Santa had brought to them.
Braden asked for a "Stuffy-Polar Bear"
Carter asked for a Spider-Man Umbrella
After the kids had their turn at opening all of their presents it was time for brunch and then later the adults got to open their gifts.
My dad got a lovely scarf! Just kidding, he just modeled it for us.
Poor Kameron was on call all weekend before Christmas and Christmas day but luckily he didn't get called in until after all the presents were
opened. I am so grateful he was able to be home long enough to share the tender
moments of Christmas with our family. Carter also had it rough as he came down with a cold and had a fever all day.
My mom, Gary and Gramma Willie joined us later in the Evening on Christmas day. The kids were extatic to open more presents. They brought the kids scented stuffed animals. They have a pocket in back where you can insert a small scented bag. They are so cool and the kids loved them.
Even Riley got one!
It really was a great Christmas. I am so grateful for all of my family and especially for all the help they lent while here. Being 8 months pregnant made it difficult to be a good hostess but I feel like I was the one visiting as I didn't have to cook, clean or do anything while they were here. In fact everyone helped clean the house when they got here and then cleaned it again when they left. They also helped me decorate the house since I hadn't done any decorating due to all the construction projects that were happening around here. It was a special Christmas, one that I will remember fondly forever.










No comments:
Post a Comment