2.11.2013

One Hundred

This last Thursday Braden celebrated his 100th day of School. The whole school made a big deal about it and his class had a 100th day party to celebrate. They ate snacks, played games and shared with their classmates what they would do with $100. The kids were also encouraged to dress up as though they were 100 years old. Braden was really excited for his special day at school but with me being laid up in the hospital with our newest little cutie, the task of getting him ready for his special day landed on my Dad who had come down to take care of the boys while I was away. My dad was pretty excited about helping Braden and he went out of his way tracking down the perfect accessories for Braden. He found a hat at Goodwill (which ended up being a bit too big so they used a hat my mom had found at Walmart), a bow tie at the Salvation Army and the perfect suspenders at Savers. On the morning of the big day my dad helped Brady get dressed up and then he combed Braden's hair with gel and baby powder to make it look gray and took an eye pencil of mine and drew wrinkles, hairy eyebrows and a mustache on Brady's face to make him really look the part.




I think his look turned out absolutely perfect and my dad did a much better job than I think I ever could have done. The best part of the day for me was Braden wanting to come with Kam to bring Riley and me home from the hospital. Braden stole all the nurses hearts with his "old-man" charm and I thought to myself, if he can get that much attention with a newborn in the room he must be pretty darn cute!


No comments: