I am so very grateful that Kameron is so handy when it comes to fixing things around the house. I consider myself rather capable but when it comes to certain things I am clueless. While I was out of town early this summer Kam decided to jump up in the attic to investigate a banging sound that we could hear when the AC came on. He saw that a gas pipe was hitting against the fan motor in the furnace and started seeing what he could do to remedy the situation. While he was working on it though the pipe just broke off into his hands causing the gas to just flow freely. I kind of wish I was there to see Kameron fly down ladder and out of the house in record time to turn the gas off but am so grateful that I was not. He was scared and we were blessed that the whole house didn't explode. Kameron was able to fix the pipe but the banging sound was still heard whenever the air would turn on.
We decided to turn off the main AC unit upstairs so that no further damage would happen to the unit until Kam could get around to fixing it. A few HOT weeks later he was able to get back up in the attic to see what else he could do to fix the AC.
Unfortunately after all his efforts he couldn't fix it himself and we had to have an AC guy come out and replace parts. $300 + later and we had a cool house again! I am very happy we have 3 AC units in our house because with the 110+ temperatures we were facing this summer we would have melted!


No comments:
Post a Comment