8.25.2014

Lake Mead

We spent the last day of summer out on the lake with some of our wonderful friends, the Starley's. We are so grateful to them for not only taking us out on their boat but for welcoming us with open arms to our new ward, neighborhood and state. This was the first time to be out on a boat for both Carter and Riley and Braden's second time (he was only 1 1/2 the last time we were on a boat).

Braden was very brave. He was anxious to try everything. He liked the tube but got a little worried when we went too fast. He also tried to wake board. He was doing really well, but never made it up. He stopped after a while because he was frustrated that it wasn't as easy as it looks. His favorite was the ski-trainer.



I took Riley out on the tube. I wasn't sure how she'd like it but she loved it. She screamed in delight! She also really loved watching everyone take turns behind the boat. She would point and smile at them.



Carter was hesitant to get in the water at all until the very end of the day when he finally jumped in just as we were ready to pull the boat out.


Wake surfing was my favorite. After watching Nick go out with his kids I thought there may be some hope for me, but I was certain that I would not be able to get up. I surprise myself by getting up after a few tries. I'm glad I didn't give up as I was near doing. I wish I would have been able to get Kam out to try wake surfing (maybe next time) but I did get him out on the tube with me.




We all had a really great time. Both the boys said that being out on the boat was the best day of their life. Hopefully one day we will be able to join the club and get a boat of our own so we can play on the lake more often. For now, we will gladly accept invites from any of our friends!

No comments: