8.25.2014

My Baby is a Kindergartener

I hope my kids are always excited to go to school as they are now. Carter didn't given too much thought about school during the summer but his eyes were alight as we started to gather school supplies and later visited the school. At the open house he decorated a name tag to wear on his first day so the teachers and aids can help him find where he needs to go. He also met his teacher, Ms. Corrales. He was shy when meeting her but I don't think it will be long before he warms up and she becomes his best friend.



Sissy decorated herself.



Braden has been getting anxious for school to start since we got home from Utah. He has really missed his friends and his teachers. He was very excited that at the school open house he was able to say hi to his 1st grade teacher Mr. R. Braden's teacher this year is Ms. Spencer. She is a great teacher and I foresee she and Braden working really well together. Braden was super excited to find out that 2 of his friends from the ward, Ava and Leilani, are in his class this year.



Today, the first day of school for the boys, was really exciting. Carter was awake nearly an hour before he needed to. Kam tucked him into bed with me to wait for the alarm to go off. As soon as it did he rushed to his room to get dressed, make his bed and then back to my room to comb his hair. He practically had his lunch all put together before I even could pull out the plates to begin making breakfast. He and Braden got along so well together this morning. I loved hearing the encouraging words Braden had for his brother. I didn't take the boys to school, instead I let them go with our carpool, which is another thing Carter was super excited for.
















Waiting for Carpool


There goes my baby!


The whole carpool gang: 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 5th and K!


My friend Kim saw Carter and took this shot for me. He was beaming!


Last night we did our traditional back to school dinner and mini-home-evening where we talked about school and priesthood blessings and then the boys received a blessing from their dad. The spirit was so strong and I feel from the blessings that this is going to be a very special year. I see carter growing in many ways especially socially as he learns to communicate better and begin new study habits. Braden's blessing talked much of missionary work and being a good example to his classmates. I think with his upcoming baptism he has much to show with his ever growing testimony and faith.

Happy First Day of School!! 

No comments: