It happened. It really happened. Braden is now a Kindergartener! Honestly, I was ready for this day. I didn't think I would be, but I was. I didn't even cry, well, maybe one or two tears. I blame the pregnancy hormones for that. Brady was ready too. He couldn't wait; he made a calendar to count down the days.
We chose to send Braden to Pinecrest Academy, a new charter school here in Henderson. I feel very blessed by the events that lead us to this school. The schools in Henderson are good, but there are also some that are not. With our recent move, the elementary school that Braden would have gone to was one of the not so good ones. I remember back in February not being sure if I was making the right choice by choosing Pinecrest, mostly because at the time I was deciding between it and an international school where Brady would be part of a Spanish immersion program. In the end, I felt prompted that Pinecrest was the right choice and now I understand why.
Braden loved his first day of school; he didn't even say goodbye to me when I dropped him off, and when he came home he was all smiles!
A week later was Carter's first day of Preschool. One of my friends here is a teacher and teaches a two-day a week school out of here home. She is amazing and Carter loves her. He is learning so much and always has so much to say about what he's learning each day at school.




No comments:
Post a Comment