6.21.2010

a little transformation

I've had this mirror for a long time. When I first saw it at Target I just had to have it. I saved and scraped until I had enough money to splurge and get it. I have loved this piece and have not tired from it.


However, it doesn't really match my decor anymore. All the furniture in my house is black or white or red, there is no brown or wood tones other than my piano. So, after reading some of my favorite blogs (this one in particular), I decided to bring new life to one of my favorite splurges yet!


 I love how the glaze gets in the nooks and crannies giving it more dimension.  



4 comments:

ebudd said...

That blog is great - thanks, and your mirror is very cute. You did a great job. I think that some of the pieces she makes have a bit too much of the black on them, but yours is just perfect. You have a talent for that!

Michael and Halley Davis said...

Great job! Looks good!

M+J=K3+E said...

I love it...it looks great!

the Roberts said...

so fun, I didn't see that you had done this yet.
Guess what, I spray painted my upstairs door knobs with oil rubbed bronze and it looks AWESOME. Goodbye ugly brass,