Do you remember the clip on Sesame Street where a girl takes her pet llama to the dentist? Well, whenever I go to the dentist I think of the song that she sings while they show what happens... "me and my llama, me and my llama, we're going to the dentist...." I only mention this because this last Monday was Braden and Carter's very first visit to the dentist. Actually, Braden has been once before, but all they did was count his teeth so I don't think that really applies as a real first trip. Kam's last rotation for school was down at a hospital where they do a lot of kids dental cases and he became a big fan of one of the dentists, Dr. Gretz, so we decided to make an appointment for all of us to get our teeth checked. The boys were both amazing! They held really still and opened their mouths really wide. Both the hygienist and Dr. Gretz said that they have never before seen any 2 or 4 year old who were as good as these two were.
Braden went first and was a great example of what to do...
...which helped Carter be such a great patient!
At the very end of his teeth cleaning, the hygienist
let Carter hold Mr. Thirsty all by himself.
Most of us had a clean bill of health which is great considering it's been nearly 2 years since we've been to a dentist but Braden, unfortunately, has two very small cavities in his back molars so we will going back to have them filled in a couple weeks. Lets hope he does just as good then as both boys did on their first visit.
2 comments:
totally remember that song, I thought I was the only one. K did surprisingly well at the dentist. Ii am impressed carter did so well. What was that 1820 website again, I can't find it?
That's great that your boys were so good! Timmy won't let them scrape his teeth or do x-rays at all and he's almost 5 and been probably 3 times now! Plus he hates fluoride toothpaste so even brushing his teeth is traumatic. I am going to take both my kids in May and try again!
Post a Comment