7.16.2011

the photographer

Sorry folks, no recent pictures with this post.

Why?

Well, let's just say that I've joined the STUPID club!

Before I tell you about my STUPID moment let me first recount some events leading up to it.

Carter is an up and coming photographer. He loves to take pictures. It all stared in nursery when one of the nursery teachers was out of town. To help fill the vacancy our nursery leader's husband joined her to help for the week. During that 2 hour block of nursery he showed Carter a pretend camera (I'm pretty sure it was a pair of toy binoculars) and one by one, set different animals in front of carter to photograph. This simple exercise has now lead to Carter taking pictures of everything.


Carter will use just about any device to take a picture but prefers to either use the "real" camera or the camera on my phone. I have to be very careful of where I leave my camera because it's only a matter of time that he'll find it and start shooting. I usually catch him with it, battery completely drained and all the space on the memory card used up. He takes pictures of anything and everything but mostly his pictures are of his feet or legs or the back of the seat in the car when we're driving.


He also likes to use Braden as the subject of his pictures.


About a week ago Carter found the camera, which was in the diaper bag on the stairs, and took it outside for some shots of the kids playing. While he was out one of the neighbor kids decided to have a water fight and unfortunately my camera lost. It wouldn't turn on and I was sure that it was broken. I did salvage it by placing it in a bowl of rice overnight and that seemed to have done the trick. The camera started working and I was a happy mommy again.

Unfortunately that wasn't the end of it. The boys started swimming lessons this week so I took the camera with me one day to take pictures of them in the pool. At the end of lessons I placed the camera in it's case and put it on the top of the bag with the wet towels and swimsuits to take it home. The next day, laundry day, I took the bag and dumped it in the washer to get all the swimming clothes clean for lessons later in the day. This is where the STUPID happened. As you can guess, I didn't take the camera out of the bag. I forgot that it was in there and accidentally washed my camera. On the bright side my camera and it's case are both really clean but unfortunately the camera didn't recover from it's bath nor a full day buried in rice. Luckily I had purchased the extended warranty so my camera is off being fixed but I'm pretty sure a replacement is in store.

2 comments:

Kels said...

s-m-r-t!! Love u her!!

Whitney said...

That's so cute that he likes to take pictures. I think that one of Braden is pretty good!