I was up in my room exercising and as usual my boys wanted to exercise with me. I use resistance bands for strength training and had just finished with my upper body exercises and had moved on to some ab exercises when the boys came up to "get strong with Mom." They both like to stretch the bands and normally I don't mid them pulling on them as long as they are attached to the door. But this time they got hold of one that I had left on the floor and decided to stretch it all the way across the room. I had asked them not to play with it but of course they continued to stretch and then Carter let go causing the handle to fly towards Brady hitting him in the face, cutting him just above the lip. Braden cried but was much more worried that he was bleeding rather than it hurting him. After looking closely at it I knew it needed to be stitched closed because the cut went into his lip a little. I called the doctor and was directed to the ER at Children's in Pittsburgh. I was really glad that Brady didn't have to get a shot, instead they used a numbing cream, and I was also really glad that it was only 1 stitch.
Waiting for the numbing cream to kick in.
The boys watching some TV to pass the time.
Right before the stitch went in.
All done!
Brady will have to wear a band-aid over his lip for the next week and then we have to keep it lathered in Zinc Oxide for the rest of the summer and into the fall to be sure that it heals well and doesn't leave a noticeable scar. I think he looks kind of cute with the band aid on, he reminds me of my dad when I was a kid with his goofy mustache.




1 comment:
poor brady!! get better fast!
Post a Comment