This year Kam's parents decided it was time to do something more to bring the family together. In the past we would all get together for dinner one Sunday a month, but with 2 families now living out-of-state that doesn't happen often. So...the K Henrie Family Reunion was born. This year we kept everything low key by gathering at Mom and Dad's for fun and games for a few days.
Our first evening together we had family dinner and then attempted to take a family photo. I think it turned out pretty good considering we had to use a tripod and a timer. Now if only I would have taken Carter to the bathroom before hand it would have been perfect.
After the picture Kam had Kelsea help him with a little make over taking him from this...
...to this.
On Monday the fun really began and didn't stop until everyone had to leave on Wednesday morning. Each day we started by eating breakfast together and then we did everything we could to wear ourselves out!
We colored...
hoola-hooped...
ate lots of popsicles...
participated in a relay race...
played games...
ate more treats...
roasted marshmallows for s'mores
(way to go Konnie on finding a way to get our coals hot)...
swung on the swing (trying to knock over Uncle Kollin)...
played life size Angry Birds...
decorated t-shirts...
dug for treasure in the saw dust...
went to the park...
and did so many more things that I didn't get pictures of....
Guy time at the movies and then target shooting...
Eating lots of really good food and more treats than really should have been allowed...
watching a movie outside with the kids...
and did I mention that most of us were SICK the entire time?
Regardless, it was the best few days ever and I'm sure I can speak for the lot of us in saying that we can't wait until next year to do it all again! We are so blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive family, who truly love each other very much!























1 comment:
Kate- I am laughing my "a" off at Carter boy in the picture. So funny!
Post a Comment