It has been years since I have been with my mom and her side of the family for Thanksgiving. I have popped in and out a couple times but I haven't stayed for dinner in FOREVER! My Grandma Dee celebrated her 91st birthday just a few days before and with the family only getting together every other year I knew that it was important for me to share this Holiday with my family while Grandma Dee is still here. Almost every thanksgiving that the family has been together they've met at my Gramma's church house. I remember going there as a little girl spending hours playing dress-ups on the stage with my cousins and creating elaborate plays with singing to perform for our parents after dinner. It was really fun for me to bring my children to this place and have them experience the fun of having the whole extended family together. I'm sure it didn't mean nearly as much to them as it did me but I am grateful I had this opportunity to with my family - I think there were 96 of us in all together this year.

Dee-Dee
Carter and "K" playing games together.
Riley hanging with Uncle Peter's girlfriend, Chelyse
Let the fest begin!
Sharing in my most favorite past-time of Thanksgiving...
riding the chair and table carts all over the gym!
No comments:
Post a Comment