12.12.2013

Ice Skating

While up north for Thanksgiving my mom took us all ice skating for Family Night! We had a fun time falling on the ice, playing crack the whip, and choreographing couples skating routines. I was really impressed with how quickly Braden took to skating on his own. I thought for sure he would want to hold someones hand the whole time. And then Carter, who is notorious for giving up if he can't get the hang of something quickly or if he's cold or if things aren't going the way he wants or ... you get the idea, did very well and had a great attitude as he did his best trying to skate on his own. For the most part he skated around the perimeter holding onto the railing but his favorite part was having the adults hold his hand and "skate fast" with him.



Peter and Tay
 

Going fast with Carter


Skating the Perimeter


These two kept each other warm






I partnered with "K" for our choreographed, couples skate. We were awesome!
"K" did circles on the ice without help and without falling down - she's a pro!


Megan and Ashley spent the most time on their dance. 
They did well, but unfortunately fell a few times.



Peter and Ryan were by far the best team that competed. They had it all...lifts, synchronization, grace...it was an outright talented mess and oh, so funny. I wish I had videoed it!



Tay wanted to do her own dance too. 
She laid on the ice and just rolled. It was awesome.


Riley got in on the action a little. She spent most of her time cuddling with Grammy Bo and Navy but did venture out with a couple spins out on the ice with Uncle Peter. She loved it!


No comments: