8.17.2009

A River Runs Through It

Every year our family gathers together for our annual camping trip on the Bear River in Idaho. It's a beautiful spot up the Onida Narrows, just north of Preston, Idaho. I love it there. It's probably one of my favorite spots in the whole world. My family has been "running the river" now for the past 50 years and I have been going since I was 6 months old. This trip has now transformed from an annual trip to our Auger family reunion. My grandparents were born and raised near this spot.
This year was so much fun. I love that I can pass this joy from my childhood to my children and let them experience all the fun. Braden is a born camper. He loves to explore and get dirty. He also went down the river with me on a tube. He loved the water, but had more fun getting in the dirt and hiking and exploring with Peter and Pappy. Carter did well too. He is such a good baby and camping with him was no exception.




No comments: