Let's just say that if I'd known how our trip would start I maybe would have thought twice about going at all, but it's a good thing I didn't know because we had the best time EVER! It all started with a phone call from one of my friends out here in PA telling us that her hubby would take us to the airport so that we didn't have to pay to keep our car parked for 3 weeks. I was actually surprised by the gesture, I just didn't know someone would be willing to drive all that way and in the middle of evening rush-hour just to help us out, but after I picked my jaw up off the floor I allowed her to do it, and then, well, we were off. We got to the airport faster than expected and since we had already printed our boarding passes it wasn't too long before our bags were checked and we were off to the security line. That line unfortunately was pretty long, but it moved quickly. Once passed security we headed to the gate and realized that we had nearly 2 hours until our flight left so we decided to get some dinner. There are several TGI Friday restaurants in our airport so we went there. We ordered our food and ate it all up, washing it down with a yummy raspberry mango lemonade. When we got the bill I was surprised at how expensive it was and after taking a closer look I realized that they had charged me $8 for my lemonade. That couldn't be right? But then as I looked further, I was also charged a LIQUOR tax....Yup, that's right... my drink was NO virgin! I have never had even an ounce of alcohol in my life so it was interesting to feel the effects; everything was really blurry and I got really sleepy. For the most part not much else happened that I remember, but I certainly don't want to experience it again.
Our flight was pretty good, or at least the first half of our first flight was. The Second half, not so much. We had to de-board our plane in Minneapolis after sitting on it for 45 minutes and eventually had to get on another plane due to a problem with the engine. We ended up with a 2 hour delay which put us in Utah at 5 AM the next day. Let's just say we were really tired and totally wiped out. On top of it all, as soon as we got to Utah we all got sick! Luckily we got better and just in time for all the fun...because we definitely had a lot of fun things to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment