1.10.2011

It's Christmas!

Christmas morning was AWESOME! I didn't sleep a wink because 
I was so excited for the big day and it didn't disappoint.
 Braden got just what he asked for...REX.

And Carter got a train...he was completely preoccupied the rest of the day!

He also got some Big Boys!
I got a Bosch! So Excited!!!
More "cheese" from Carter!
To Infinity and Beyond!

This year was my sister, Megan's turn to do the gift for our parents and she put together a mosaic picture of the two of them made up of hundreds of pictures from all the fun family things we've done together. It was soooo Cool!

I loved Heidi's face...and even more, I loved my dad's hair!

Later in the afternoon we set aside some time to ponder some gifts that we wanted to give Jesus. Usually we do this first thing, but this year we, well forgot. In the end I'm glad we waited until later because we took more time to share with one another and I can truly say that I was inspired and uplifted by my family. The spirit was so strong and I left with a more deeply rooted love not only for my savior but for my family as well.

The boys also finished opening their presents from Kam and I. 
Both Braden and Carter were so excited and squealed in delight with each gift. 
 Pillow Pets!
The best part was having them both, with no promptings, 
come and give me a big hug and telling me I was the best mom ever!

My mom had to work all day on Christmas day
so we celebrated Christmas with her the next day.


Every year we do a "nice" white elephant game rather than picking names. I look forward to this tradition a lot. It's so fun to see what everyone gets. This year we had the grand-kids play their own game.

Ready, Set, OPEN!
Braden didn't love his gift (it was something he already had) so Conner 
traded with him. In the end I think they were both happier with their new gifts.

We had a GREAT Christmas! We were once again completely spoiled by our parents, but more importantly we got to spend the day with all the people we love. Thank you to everyone for making this day so very special. It will truly be a Christmas that I will remember for a long, long time.

No comments: