2.15.2011

happy heart day

Our Valentine fun started on Saturday when the boys and I made sugar cookies to give to our neighbors and of course for us too. Growing up, my mom always made heart shaped sugar cookies frosted pink with our names written on them with white frosting. I love sugar cookies and I have done my best now that I don't live near my family to keep this tradition going.

Don't they look yummy?!

I wanted our valentines to be a little more personable this year since we couldn't hand deliver our valentines to our family so we decided to use pictures of the boys. There are lots of red barns out here in PA so we took a drive to find just the right one to use as our backdrop. I think they turned out pretty cute.

 The final Product

On Valentines day, Braden had a fun party at school and the boys got to pass out their valentines to their friends. We also ran a few errands looking for something special for our awesome dad and unfortunately the running of errands wasn't very fun because while we were in Target, Braden turns to me and tells me, "This is the worst Valentines Day ever!" The lady in the isle near us said that was the saddest thing she'd ever heard. It broke my heart because I was trying so hard to make the day special for both my little valentines. From there we headed home and later I asked Braden if this was still the worst Valentines Day ever hoping that maybe he'd changed his mind. He said it was better now that we were home and then went and got a heart-shaped ring out of his valentine treats and gave it to me and told me he wanted me to have it because I was the "best mom ever!"

When Kam got home from school we gave him his valentine treats and ate a special valentine dinner of creamy potato soup and heart shaped cheesies.

 And we had these yummy cupcakes for dessert 
(made by our awesome neighbors!)

Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Kels said...

So fun! Miss your boyses tons!! G askes me all the time if we can go to mimi's house to see braden and carter.:( breaks my heart!!

Jenna said...

SO cute! What a fun day for you guys! I LOVED the V-day cards you made!