5.30.2008

a bad day and yet blessings are everywhere

Okay, so this part of the day, although adding to the caos, was actually pretty funny. I was filling the tub to get ready for Braden's bath when he decided to dive in head first with all his clothes still on. The worst part wasn't that he was in his clothes but that he had filled his shorts just prior to the dive in. I had to pull him out to get him cleaned up to put him back in. After getting him cleaned up and back in he decided to pee in the bath! I had to drain the tub, fill it back up only to have him pee again. I drained the tub and this time bathed him and rinsed him without filling the tub. Luckily, this episode didn't happen in 3's. But this is just a glimpse of our day, let's rewind to the start of our day. This morning started out smooth. Braden woke just as Kam came home from his night shift and Kam helped Braden with breakfast while I showered. After getting ready Braden and I took off to help my cousin, Richelle, with some projects around her house and show her how to make hair bows for our upcoming enrichment that she is helping me with. It took longer than expected to leave the house because I lost my keys and finally gave up and grabbed the spare. We got everything done at Richelle's and then I was off to meet some girls from the ward for an outing at the zoo. The zoo was great, except for the fact that I locked my keys in the car! I tried not to panic and decided to worry about it when it was time to leave hoping I could attempt to enjoy the day despite the rotten luck. We had a great time. Braden loved the animals and probably the train ride the best. Unfortunately I forgot the camera and didn't get any pictures of our adventures (another bad luck moment). Just before leaving the zoo, I searched my bag getting ready to figure out a way to get home when I found the lost keys from this morning! What a blessing, I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father knew I would lock my keys in my car and prompted me to grab the spare keys rather than finding the main keys in the first place. We were pretty tired by this point and we both took a much needed nap when we got home, Braden fell asleep before we even left the parking lot. After our nap we got dinner ready and said goodbye to dad for another long night at work. Braden and I hung out and read books until bath time. After our bath experience I remembered that I needed to pick some stuff up at the store for our enrichment tomorrow so I loaded Braden in the car and made it to the end of the block and ran out of gas! I couldn't believe it! I had to walk back home to get the gas can which was thankfully full and walked back to the car to fill it with the little bit of gas left. Now, after finishing my errand, getting gas and putting Braden to bed, he was so ready, I can relax and pray that tomorrow will be a better day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Man!! I'm sorry! Crazy how somes days just are full of one thing after the other. Good memories, right?!!!

the Roberts said...

Is being a mommy making you lose your mind as well.J/K.
don't you love those days

無料提供!!情報商材・商品徹底分析!!(初心者向け) said...

Nice to meet you. Great blog!
Please link to this site.

http://vuitton-miumiu.blogspot.com/

ebudd said...

Katie, I can't believe your day. I've experienced pieces of that, but never all in one swoop. I think that you are the best kind of person to handle all of that. You always have such a sunny and let's do it disposition.