11.07.2008

make up your mind - a baby update

Over the past few months I have been struggling with the question posed by my OB, "Are you sure on your dates?" Well the answer is "NO!" It all started when I began feeling the baby move very early in my pregnancy. I didn't think too much of it at the time because the doc said that I would; this being a second pregnancy. However I wasn't just feeling the flutter-by's, these were full on kicks and punches. And it wasn't just that I felt the baby very soon , I was also measuring big. At my 20 week ultrasound I measured almost 3 weeks ahead of schedule and a month later I was measuring 4 weeks further. My doctor has scheduled another ultrasound to have the baby measured. I'm hoping that it gives us more answers and that I can soon know when this little kiddo is to come be part of our family. I don't think I'd worry too much if I weren't having to plan a C-Section, I'd just wait it out and let him come when  he wants. So now the question for me, the doctor and anyone else who wants to take a wager: Is my due date January 31, January 18, or January 4?

4 comments:

Janelle said...

That's crazy Katie! I bet your due date is earlier than you originally thought! Let us know when you have another ultrasound!

the Roberts said...

how about Dec. 26th, then I can be there for it. C'mon you are ready to be done, right?

Kimi said...

My gosh, that would drive me crazy!! I will guess the 4th (that way he will be here sooner!)

Team Fraser said...

Oh dear! Well I hope the 18th it's farther from x-mas!! Your Halloween costume is awesome...if I'm ever pregnant on Halloween i am so going to have to get that shirt!