6.25.2013

An Extended Vacation

My mom had a free room in Vegas she needed to use and was going to use it for a girls weekend when school let out. Unfortunately for her, her friends were not able to join her so instead she came down with Pappy and invited us to come play with them. She was staying at the Riviera and we spent lots of time with them swimming in the pool.

 





The boys even got to stay over one night for a sleep over and they had the time of their life. After their sleepover and some more swimming it was time for Grammy and Pappy to leave. They brought the boys home and were about to say goodbye when I said it was too bad they had to leave right away and couldn't just stay a little longer and come with us to visit my sister in California. My mom thrives on time spent with family and just couldn't resist the temptation and decided to stay behind sending Pappy home to go back to work. I was so very grateful that she stayed and came with me. It made the trip to Cali much easier on me since Kam couldn't come. Before we left we did a little shopping so my mom would have extra clothes for her extended stay.

The little monkey girl


We took off the next day after Riley's 4 month check-up. The ride was great and Sis slept nearly the whole time.


I didn't tell Ashely that I was bringing my mom hoping I could surprise her and her girls with her unexpected visit. When we got there I had the girls come look in the back of my car to see the surprise I brought for them and after opening the trunk and having my mom jump out I expected them to scream in excitement to see their grammy. Instead they just stood there staring wondering if there was some other surprise waiting for them. Tay afterwards even came up to me saying "where's my 'peasant'?" They were happy to see Bo but I guess people aren't the best presents.

While at Ashley's house we went to her ward BBQ where we got to see a special showing of The Croods on an outdoor screen, we went to the Beach to watch Uncle Ryan surf, played at the park and watched a softball game, we went bowling, and pretty much just hung out enjoying playing with each other. One of my favorite moments was walking in on Braden and K playing in her room. I asked what they were doing and Brady answered saying, "apparently K wanted me to do her hair."



On Sunday after church, Ryan took the kids on a hike. The boys had so much fun. I was concerned with how Carter would do and I was right to assume he might not be the best hiker as he was usually behind everyone and Ryan ended up carrying him some of the way on his shoulders.














Our time in Cali was brief but is was the perfect little weekend getaway. We had a really great time visiting with the Roberts' and I can't wait for more fun adventures on our visit next month. I might even remember to take some pictures of the fun.

No comments: