10.24.2010

eighty years young

This is my Gramma Goodie. (Isn't she Beautiful!)


Growing up, one of my favorite things to do was go to Gramma's house. Her house was magical. The minute you walked in you just knew something wonderful was going to happen. She had a magic cupboard that always held treats left by the magic mouse and the best dress-ups and if you were lucky enough to take a bath at her house you could look forward to being pampered with rose powder after toweling off. My favorite thing I got to do with my Gramma were special sleepovers at her house. She always tucked us in and read us amazing stories (Gramma is the best story teller) and made the best scrambled eggs for breakfast. And if it was your birthday sleepover, you got to go out to lunch and then go shopping to pick out your birthday present with her.

I may not have sleepovers at her house now, and our visits seem few and far between, but I still love to be with my Gramma to hear of the amazing things she is doing with her volunteer work or her sharing her testimony of the gospel with me. She truly is an elect lady.

 Grampa & Gramma Johnsen

Happy Birthday Gramma! I love you!

No comments: